Position: Postdoc in Biochemistry, Immunology or Biology
Department: Helmholtz Institute for Translational Oncology Mainz (HI-TRON Mainz) – A Helmholtz Institute of DKFZ
Code number: 2019-0025
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The new Helmholtz Institute HI-TRON is a collaboration of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg and the Research Institute for Translational Oncology (TRON gGmbH) at the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz. The goal of the partnership is to develop effective immunotherapies and to identify novel biomarkers for assessing the effectiveness of treatment.
With your expertise, you support the identification of (neo-) antigen specific T-cell receptors and you establish innovative technologies. By doing this, you help to develop innovative immune therapies for the personalized TCR transfer. This position will be based in Mainz.
- Establishment of innovative methods for the identification of tumor-specific T-cells and analysis of gene expression profiles
- Planning and execution of high throughput single cell RNA/DNA sequencing as well as TCR profiling experiments
- Data analysis and processing of NGS data
- Development and optimization of established processes as well as creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Coordination of samples, projects and lab organization
- Master's and PhD degree and 3+ years of experience in the field of biochemistry, immunology or medical/molecular biology
- Comprehensive experiences in genomics, single cell analysis, Next Generation Sequencing (Illumina) or microfluidics
- Knowledge of medical, therapeutic, and biological human cancer processes
- Highly skilled in data analysis using programming languages like R, Java, Python is an advantage
- Very structured, precise and independent working attitude
- Analytical way of thinking and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Enthusiastic team player with very good communication skills
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.03.2019
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 13.03.2019
Dr. Stefanie Höger
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1661
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.