Position: Physician - Clinical Trial Development in part-time 19,75 hours/week
Department: Clinical Cooperation Unit Pediatric Oncology
Code number: 2019-0052
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The „Hopp Children's Cancer Center Heidelberg” (KiTZ) is a joint institution of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the Heidelberg University Hospital (UKHD) and the University of Heidelberg (UniHD) (https://www.kitz-heidelberg.de/en/). As a therapy and research center for oncologic and hematologic diseases in children and adolescents, the KiTZ is committed to scientifically explore the biology of childhood cancer and to closely link promising research approaches with patient care – from diagnosis to treatment and aftercare. The KiTZ Translational Pediatric Oncology program focusses on the translation of new research findings into clinical trials. For this purpose, the KiTZ Clinical Trial Unit has been set up. To support the Translational Trial Group (https://www.kitz-heidelberg.de/en/for-physicians/clinical-studies/kitz-clinical-trial-unit/translational-trial-group/) of the KiTZ Clinical Trial Unit we are searching for a physician with clinical experience in oncology. In this position you will support the development and coordination of the phase I-III program of international biomarker driven pediatric oncology trials. The KiTZ Clinical Trial Unit closely cooperates with the NCT Trial Center, the KKS Heidelberg and the Department of Biostatistics of the DKFZ. The position is funded by the Brain Tumour Charity (www.thebraintumourcharity.org) in the context of a low grade glioma research grand as well as personalized oncology program of the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT3.0).
- Develop trial protocols and related documents as part of the team of the KiTZ Translational Trial Group
- Support the development of electronic case report forms (eCRFs)
- Communicate with international clinical partners, investigators, ethic committees, competent authorities and pharma partners
- Support the international implementation of our KiTZ studies
- Analyze clinical trial data for publications and presentations
- Work in a motivated and friendly interdisciplinary team
- Receive a personalized introductory program
- Medical doctor degree
- Preferentially experience in oncology
- Experience in clinical trials is helpful
- Optional German “Facharztbezeichnung” (or equivalent, i.e. board certified specialist), preferentially in pediatric oncology
- GCP certificate (“GCP-Grundkurs” or equivalent)
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English and German
- Good MS-Office skills
- Ability to work in a team, sense of responsibility and good time management
- Organizational talent and strong communication skills
- Structured and reliable work posture
Applications must include a motivation letter and a CV.
- Interessanten, vielseitigen Arbeitsplatz
- Internationales, attraktives Arbeitsumfeld
- Campus mit modernster State-of-the-art-Infrastruktur
- Vergütung nach TV-L mit den üblichen Sozialleistungen
- Möglichkeiten zur Teilzeitarbeit
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
- Sehr gute Fort- und Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten
Beginn: as soon as possible
Befristung: The position is limited to 2 years.
Mr Dr. Cornelis van Tilburg
Telefon +49 (0)6221/56-36926
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Bewerbungen per E-Mail nicht angenommen werden können.