Position: Senior Full Stack Developer
Department: German Human Genome-Phenome Archive – GHGA
Code number: 2021-0041
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
A position as senior full stack developer for the recently launched infrastructure initiative German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA, www.ghga.de) is available at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ). GHGA is part of the national program for research data infrastructures (NFDI). GHGA will act as a national node within the federated European Genome-phenome Archive. This infrastructure will support genomics data hubs with software tools for secure data/metadata storage, interactive data portals with data visualization, and streamlined data deposition and acquisition solutions. The GHGA main office, which is coordinated by Prof. Oliver Stegle, is located at DKFZ in close coordination with the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
We are looking for a senior full stack developer to design, implement, and operate the main GHGA infrastructure. The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary research, development, and data management team to develop and apply a diverse range of state-of-the-art technologies.
- Coordinate the development of the GHGA core software architecture
- Contribute to the development (backend/frontend) of GHGA
- Participation in international development networks of the federated EGA architecture
- Design and specification of features, aligned with international standards
- Collaboration with local and international developers
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or similar technical background
- 5+ years of front- and back-end web application experience
- Proficiency with Python-based web frameworks (e.g. Django and Flask)
- Ability to work with a variety of programming and database languages and coding patterns
- Familiarity with database and search engine setups (e.g. PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Familiarity with unit testing - experience with Test-Driven Development
- Interest in setting up and using DevOps pipelines
The ideal applicant should have demonstrated the ability to work independently and creatively. The candidate should have excellent communications skills and be able to articulate clearly the technical needs, set clear goals and work within an interdisciplinary setting, communicating with other partners.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 09.03.2021
Dr. Koray Kirli
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3466
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.