Position: System Administrator Scientific (Cloud-) Services
Department: Omics IT and Data Management Core Facility
Code number: 2021-0043
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
To further support our team in implementing and maintaining these cloud-based scientific services we are looking for a motivated system administrator.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative (cloud) services for scientists
- Connecting services to central AAI systems
- Integration of services in the central Helmholtz cloud
- Independent conceptualization and execution of projects
- Support scientists with IT problems
- Bachelor or master's degree / job training (Fachausbildung) or equivalent in informatics, system administration, computer engineering or related fields
- Good knowledge of LINUX systems is a must
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, ...) and Bash
- Experience with collaborative (scientific) services such as R-Studio or JupyterHub is a plus
- Willingness to further develop yourself and your skills
- High motivation
- Reliability and ability to work independently
- Good knowledge of either English or German
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 10.03.2021
Dr. Ivo Buchhalter
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3566
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.