Position: Research Scientist
Department: Single-cell Open Lab
Code number: 2021-0050
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The DKFZ Single-cell Open Lab offers a position for a research scientist. Our lab establishes new methods in single-cell sequencing and offers support and training for DKFZ groups. In this way we work with over 30 groups in numerous projects. The tasks of our new lab member will include:
- Establishing spatially resolved transcriptome data with single-cell resolution
- Cloning of sequencing libraries, training and supporting ongoing projects
- Optimization and integration of new methods in the lab with a focus on plate-based techniques coupled to flow cytometry
- Planning and designing complex projects with research groups e.g. targeted sequencing, multi-omics
We are looking for candidates with a university degree in life science, PhD preferred. The candidates should have experience and very good knowlegde of NGS techniques and library preparation. Skills in data analysis are a plus. We also expect a solid background in microscopy, automation and flow cytometry. Previous work in the single-cell field is certainly an advantage.
Flexibility, self-motivation and innovative thinking will be required for the successful implementation of your work. This also includes excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 13.03.2021
Dr. Jan-Philipp Mallm
Phone +49 (0)6221/54-51378
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.