Position: Scientific Coordinator in Digital Cancer Prevention
Department: Medical Image Computing - "Digital Cancer Prevention"-Group
Code number: 2021-0080
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Within the “National Cancer Prevention Center”, a strategic partnership between German Cancer Aid and German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), a position as scientific coordinator is available at DKFZ.
The DKFZ and German Cancer Aid have entered into a long-term strategic partnership to establish the “National Cancer Prevention Center”, an innovative pilot facility providing impactful contributions to reduce the burden of cancer. In a comprehensive approach, the National Cancer Prevention Center integrates prevention research, education and training, as well as evidence-based policy advice and outreach. At the heart of the center is a pilot prevention outpatient clinic where innovative prevention measures and intervention studies based on the latest research findings will be developed, in addition to providing individual consultations on how to stay healthy. Nationwide prevention programs will be developed and made available through technology applications or in cooperation with other partners.
To develop a research enabling risk prediction platform for the National Cancer Prevention Center, we will establish a dedicated interdisciplinary Digital Cancer Prevention team. We are looking for a scientific coordinator, who enjoys employing risk models to develop tools of immediate practical benefit.
The responsibilities as scientific coordinator include:
- Curating local and international know-how on risk prediction models for personalised cancer prevention
- Supervising the implementation of cancer risk prediction models into software tools, by communicating requirements to a dedicated team of software developers
- Working with medical doctors, scientists and patients to improve the way that important evidence is presented to all of them
- Supervising content generation for digital prevention tools at the NCPC
The candidate will be supported by a computational and statistical team, and will benefit from joint appointments with epidemiological and computational groups at the DKFZ.
- Master's or PhD degree in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics or a healthcare related field; training and experience in the application of epidemiological principles and practices is desirable
- Passionate about risk communication and employing risk models to develop tools of immediate practical benefit
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Dedication to bridging scientific findings into clinical practice
- Ability to work independently and proactively with colleagues from different disciplines
- Strong interest in utilising innovative data collection modalities (e.g. wearables) in prevention research
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter with references and a curriculum vitae.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 30.04.2021
Dr. Angela Teresa Filimon Goncalves
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.