Position: Laboratory Technician (TA) / Laboratory Manager
Department: Soft-Tissue Sarcoma at Hopp Children's Cancer Center (KiTZ)
Code number: 2021-0089
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
A position as a laboratory technician (TA) and laboratory manager is available at the pediatric soft-tissue sarcoma laboratory at the Hopp Children’s Cancer Center (KiTZ) - a joint institution of the Heidelberg University Hospital and the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ).
We are a friendly and motivated laboratory with German and international researchers working in understanding tumor biology of pediatric sarcoma and generate new models to help find treatments for children with sarcoma. The candidate’s tasks will comprise lab management, cell culture, drug treatments, support in various molecular biology techniques and training of new laboratory members. The candidate will work together with other members of the laboratory and will be trained in the various tasks when necessary.
The ideal candidate should:
- be motivated, responsible and organized.
- have completed training as a biology laboratory assistant or similar.
- be experienced with cell culture and preferentially in drug treatments/screening.
- be experienced in standard molecular biology techniques including plasmid cloning, western blot and gene expression analysis (RNA).
- be responsible for training new lab members on the tasks above.
- have a fair knowledge of English and German.
- have good communication skills and the ability to document work.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.06.2021
Duration: The position is limited to 1 year with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 21.04.2021
Dr. Ana Banito
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1581
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.