Department: High-Throughput Sequencing
Code number: 2019-0075
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
For the High-Throughput Sequencing Unit, we are looking for a Bioinformatician to take care of the unit’s data QC-pipeline. The High-Throughput Sequencing Unit is one of the largest sequencing centers in Europe and the only academic site in Germany with a fleet of HiSeq X-Ten, NovaSeq and other Illumina platforms.
The sequencing results and the subsequent bioinformatic interpretation of the data will allow the targeted diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients throughout Germany in the near future.
Your task will be to assist us in this important work by helping to develop and optimize bioinformatic pipelines for quality assurance and further analysis.
- Successfully completed university degree (preferable with doctorate) in bioinformatics, computer science, medical computer science or a comparable degree program or at least 3 years of professional experience
- Profound experience in the programming language Python
- Substantial experience using Linux command line and utilities
- Experience in Software version control (e.g. SVN)
- Experience to use compute cluster job schedulers (e.g. slurm)
- Solid knowledge of the statistical programming language R / Bioconductor
- Basic knowledge and experience in dealing with databases and in particular with the database language SQL
- Ability to process complex and large data sets
- Experience in handling and analyzing data from the Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platform using common bioinformatics programs
- Basic knowledge in the field of molecular genetics and biostatistics
- Fluency in German and English
- Interessanten, vielseitigen Arbeitsplatz
- Internationales, attraktives Arbeitsumfeld
- Campus mit modernster State-of-the-art-Infrastruktur
- Vergütung nach TV-L mit den üblichen Sozialleistungen
- Möglichkeiten zur Teilzeitarbeit
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
- Sehr gute Fort- und Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten
Beginn: as soon as possible
Befristung: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Mr Dr. Stephan Wolf
Telefon +49 (0)6221/42-3409
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Bewerbungen per E-Mail nicht angenommen werden können.