Position: Postdoctoral Scientist in Applied Health Economics & Decision Analysis
Department: Health Economics
Code number: 2019-0078
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
- Conduct decision analytic modeling studies to support the economic evaluation of health care programs
- Cooperate with clinical researchers and statisticians in the development of health economic study protocols, case report forms, and evaluation strategies
- Cooperate with a team of economists, econometricians, statisticians, and clinicians in the design, execution, and reporting of cost benefit, cost effectiveness, and cost value analyses
- Conduct economic analyses to predict cost-effectiveness, social value, and budget impact of health interventions, including probabilistic sensitivity analyses using patient-level data
- Write scientific manuscripts
- Contribute to and write grant applications to fund the economic evaluation of health interventions
We are seeking a highly motivated, conscientious and diligent scientist, who is flexible, dynamic, and able to work with autonomy to drive his/her individual projects forward while also contributing to the group as an integral team member. The scientist will be supported conducting health economic research and developing economic and econometric models by our internal experts.
- The successful candidate will have a recent or expected degree in decision science, statistics, mathematics, health services research, health economics, or other relevant scientific disciplines with strong quantitative training (minimum master level, ideally PhD level).
- The candidate should be self-motivated, productive, and team-oriented, with proven scientific problem-solving skills.
- The candidate should have experience in decision analytic modeling, health economic evaluation, or a closely related field.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and German.
- Creativity and critical thinking to challenge ideas are expected.
- The ability to work well in collaborative, cross-functional teams is required.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 12.04.2019
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1911
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.