Position: Systemadministrator Linux, Storage, HPC (m/w/d)
Code number: 2019-0088
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
For the High-Throughput Sequencing Unit, we are looking for a system administrator to take care of the departments IT infrastructure. The High-Throughput Sequencing Division is one of the largest sequencing centers in Europe and the only academic site in Germany with a fleet of Illumina HiSeq X-Ten and NovaSeq devices.
- Administration of the virtualization cluster (oVirt)
- Maintaining the virtual and physical Linux servers and Linux workstations, which belong to our bioinformatics group
- IT security, access control, monitoring and configuration management
- Monitoring and further development of the backup and archiving strategy
- Support for Windows computers: Laboratory equipment, 1 terminal server, workstations.
- Operation of services required for software development: Wiki, ticket system, versioning, web server, tomcat, iptables, python, databases.
- Operation of our petabyte-scale enterprise storage system for the reliable and high-performing replicated storage of approx. 20 terabytes new genomic data per month (possibility of on-the-job-training).
- Operation of our high-performance compute cluster with 150 compute nodes for further processing of genomic data
- Profound knowledge and deep interest in Linux, networks, file systems, privacy and IT security
- In-depth knowledge of general best practices in IT: monitoring, logging, automated configuration, update management, asset management
- Experience with virtualization environments
- Experience in the following areas is beneficial: Windows Administration, LAMP, Python, Tomcat, High Performance Computing, Job Scheduling (Slurm), Enterprise Storage (Isilon OneFS, IBM GPFS / Spectrum Scale)
- Capacity for teamwork
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt / as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 17.05.2019
Dr. Stephan Wolf
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3409
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.