Position: Research Software Engineer for Medical Physics in Radiation Oncology
Department: Medical Image Computing / Software Development for Integrated Diagnostics and Therapy
Code number: 2019-0089
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The research program "Imaging and Radiooncology" of the DKFZ is engaged in advanced interdisciplinary methods for image-based diagnosis and treatment of cancer and their translation into clinical application. A key element for our success is a common IT and software strategy of the individual scientific departments. Our team “Software Development for Integrated Diagnostics and Therapy” in the Division of Medical Image Computing plays an important role in the planning and implementation of this IT strategy. Together with colleagues from different disciplines (radiology, nuclear medicine, radiotherapy, medical physics and medical informatics) we advance research projects, support the technical implementation and establish state-of-the-art software development processes.
Our team in Heidelberg is embedded in a dynamic international research environment and is currently looking for a motivated person who wants to join us to coordinate as well as care for the subdomain “physics in radiation oncology”.
The activities range from participation in scientific projects, planning and implementation of demand-driven software applications within the joint infrastructure to support of networking and communication between the departments involved.
You are enthusiastic about new technologies, have a good understanding of programming and computing and are generally interested in research and development work in the field of medical image processing. You are looking forward to interdisciplinary work and have a university degree (Bachelor & Master) in Scientific Programming, Computer Science, Physics or a related subject.
Further requirements are:
- In-depth knowledge of quality-centric software engineering and development
- Profound programming skills (C++, Python)
- Experience in medical physics
- Experience with project and requirements management
- Strong skills in communication as well as communicating knowledge and know-how
- Good command of written and spoken English, German beneficial
- Capable of cooperation and an initiative work style
- Interessanten, vielseitigen Arbeitsplatz
- Internationales, attraktives Arbeitsumfeld
- Campus mit modernster State-of-the-art-Infrastruktur
- Vergütung nach TV-L mit den üblichen Sozialleistungen
- Möglichkeiten zur Teilzeitarbeit
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
- Sehr gute Fort- und Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten
Beginn: as soon as possible
Befristung: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Mr Dr. Ralf Floca
Telefon +49 (0)6221/42-2560
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Bewerbungen per E-Mail nicht angenommen werden können.