Position: Foreign Language Secretary
Department: Regulatory Genomics and Cancer Evolution / Mechanisms Regulating Gene Expression
Code number: 2019-0090
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
This post is to provide of wide range of advanced administrative duties for two international research groups at the DKFZ. The duties and tasks may be complex in nature and require independent action and a high degree of initiative in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Translation of German and English texts and letters
- Managing research group budgets and correspondences
- Assistance in editing and proofreading of manuscripts and expert opinions
- Handling basic administrative activities required for the research group (e.g. telephone, mail processing, filing, data management, keeping appointment calendars)
- Oversight of visiting scientists' appointments
- Organisational preparation and follow-up of business trips at home and abroad
- Organisational preparation and follow-up of lecture series and events
- Successfully completed commercial training as a foreign language secretary or a commercial apprenticeship
- Independent and reliable working methods and organisational skills
- Very good knowledge of the German and English language, both written and spoken; note that the default working language is English
- Solid knowledge of Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in dealing with databases
- Strong communication and team skills
- Commitment and sense of responsibility
- Interest in medical and scientific research is desirable
- Interessanten, vielseitigen Arbeitsplatz
- Internationales, attraktives Arbeitsumfeld
- Campus mit modernster State-of-the-art-Infrastruktur
- Vergütung nach TV-L mit den üblichen Sozialleistungen
- Möglichkeiten zur Teilzeitarbeit
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
- Sehr gute Fort- und Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten
Beginn: as soon as possible
Befristung: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Mr Dr. Duncan Odom
Telefon +49 (0)6221/42-3446
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Bewerbungen per E-Mail nicht angenommen werden können.