Position: Project Manager
Department: Microbiome and Cancer
Code number: 2019-0091
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The lab of Prof. Elinav at Heidelberg, operating within the new Microbiome & Cancer division at the DKFZ, and with close collaboration with Prof. Elinav’s lab at Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel, performs advanced multi-disciplinary research aiming to elucidate the role of the human microbiome in health and a variety of common human multi-factorial disorders. A particular emphasis is put on the mechanistic study of the contribution of the microbiome to cancer development, progression, metastasis, towards development of microbiome-associated cancer interventions, personalized cancer treatment tailoring and microbiome-based patient stratification. We will utilize state-of-the art next-generation sequencing, automated sample processing, metabolomics, culturomics, immunology, microbiology, metabolism and computational machine learning and artificial intelligence platforms to mechanistically study the microbiome contribution to these important human diseases, with an aim to harness the knowledge towards application in precision medicine.
As responsibly project manager of the department “Microbiome and Cancer” your tasks will be the following:
- Support in Grant Applications (e.g. research of possible grants and writing of applications)
- Coordination of lab equipment maintenance
- Coordination of internal processes with colleagues of the department, administrative departments and partners of DKFZ as well as external vendors
- Support in animal and human material experimentation approval processes
- Fluent German and English skills (spoken and written) are a necessity
- University degree in Biology desirable
- Knowledge of applicable laws in animal and human material experimentation are necessary
- Experience and human management skills are a plus
Please provide work reference letters with your English-language application (CV etc.).
- Interessanten, vielseitigen Arbeitsplatz
- Internationales, attraktives Arbeitsumfeld
- Campus mit modernster State-of-the-art-Infrastruktur
- Vergütung nach TV-L mit den üblichen Sozialleistungen
- Möglichkeiten zur Teilzeitarbeit
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
- Sehr gute Fort- und Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten
Beginn: as soon as possible
Befristung: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Mr Prof. Dr. Eran Elinav
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Bewerbungen per E-Mail nicht angenommen werden können.