Position: Software Engineer
Department: Applied Computer Vision Lab of the Helmholtz Imaging Platform
Code number: 2021-0107
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ, Heidelberg) together with its partners Max-Delbrueck-Center for Molecular Medicine (Berlin) and Deutsches Elektronen Synchrotron (DESY, Hamburg) operates the Helmholtz Imaging Platform (HIP). The goal of HIP is to foster synergies between engineers and researchers and thus elevate imaging-related research within Helmholtz to the next level. Within this platform, the Applied Computer Vision Lab (ACVL; headed by Dr. Fabian Isensee) at DKFZ supports Helmholtz researchers in the development of custom AI-powered image analysis algorithms and promotes the standardization of algorithm validation.
- Developing software for standardized metric computation in imaging applications
- Servicing and extending current and future toolkits as well as related websites
- Organizing and providing support for the organization of competitions
- Closely collaborating with our team of statisticians for the development and implementation of new validation and evaluation methods
- Publication of challenge results and new algorithm evaluation methodologies
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited until 31.12.2022. An extension is possible.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 15.05.2021
Dr. Fabian Isensee
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2353
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.