Position: Postdoctoral Position in Single-Cell Omics
Department: Single-cell Open Lab (scOpenLab)
Code number: 2021-0149
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The DKFZ Single-cell Open Lab offers a postdoctoral position as part of a DFG funded consortium. Within the consortium we aim to develop and improve single-cell sequencing techniques tailored to AML with specific focus on multi-omics readouts. This includes the following tasks:
- Project planning and management for all consortium projects
- Developing and benchmarking of new multi-omic workflows
- Sample processing and library preparation (standard 10x Genomics protocols and newly developed methods)
- Support in data management and analysis
We are looking for candidates with a PhD in life science and with a background in molecular or cell biology. The candidate should have experience and very good knowledge of NGS techniques and library preparation. Previous work in the single-cell field and/or leukemia is certainly an advantage. We also expect a solid background in project management, automated liquid handling and flow cytometry. Basic data analysis skills with NGS tools and R are required for benchmarking and efficient troubleshooting during method development.
Flexibility, self-motivation and innovative thinking will be essential for the successful implementation of your work. This also includes excellent communication and organizational skills.
Applications should include a cover letter and a CV with a complete list of publications as well as contact details of 2 references.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: 01.09.2021
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 16.06.2021
Dr. Jan-Philipp Mallm
Phone +49 (0)6221/54-51378
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.