Position: Research Assistant in Single Cell and Spatial Genomics in part-time (50%)
Department: Artificial Intelligence in Oncoclogy
Code number: 2021-0156
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The laboratory of Dr. Moritz Gerstung (Division of Artificial Intelligence in Oncoclogy) at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) is looking for a research assistant (50%) in single cell and spatial genomics. The group studies cancer evolution and investigates how cancers grow in their tissue context. To this end we use single cell and spatial genomics/ transcriptomics data in conjunction with digital pathology and machine learning. To support our efforts in single cell and spatial genomics data generation we are looking for a research assistant in our new lab at DKFZ which will open in September 2021.
- Prepare and process human (tumour) tissue samples for single cell / nuclei libraries and spatial transcriptomics experiments (e.g. in situ sequencing, 10x visium, RNAscope)
- Coordinate with tissue banks and collaborators for handling human tissue materials
- Assist other scientists with single cell, spatial genomics and transcriptomics projects
- A BSc/MSc in biological sciences or completed training as laboratory technician (TA) with relevant work experience
- Experiences with tissue preservation (e.g. fixation, cryo-preservation) and sectioning including both paraffin embedded and frozen tissue material
- Good understanding of molecular biology and associated practical techniques relevant to the role
- Excellent organisational skills and written/oral communication skills
- Experiences with immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- Ability to efficiently familiarise to new protocols while independently troubleshoot and optimise each process
- Ability to keep up-to-date records alongside attention to detail of samples and experimental settings
- Proven records of working efficiently within a team
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.09.2021
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
Application Deadline: 24.06.2021
Dr. Moritz Gerstung
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-4522
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.