Position: Physician for Clinical Trial Development in part-time (50%)
Department: Clinical Cooperation Unit Pediatric Oncology
Code number: 2021-0185
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The „Hopp Children's Cancer Center Heidelberg” (KiTZ) is a joint institution of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the Heidelberg University Hospital (UKHD) and the University of Heidelberg (UniHD) (https://www.kitz-heidelberg.de/en/). As a treatment and research center for oncological and hematological diseases in children and adolescents, the KiTZ is committed to scientifically explore the biology of childhood cancer and to closely link promising research approaches with patient care – from diagnosis to treatment and aftercare. The KiTZ Translational Pediatric Oncology program focusses on the translation of new research findings into clinical trials.
To support the Translational Trial Group (https://www.kitz-heidelberg.de/en/for-physicians/clinical-studies/kitz-clinical-trial-unit/translational-trial-group/) of the KiTZ Clinical Trial Unit we are searching for a physician with clinical experience in (pediatric) oncology. In this position you will support the development and coordination of the phase I-III program of international biomarker driven pediatric oncology trials. The position is funded by the Bild hilft e.V. “Ein Herz für Kinder” (www.ein-herz-fuer-kinder.de) in the context of the INFORM2 clinical trial series (https://www.dkfz.de/de/inform/inform2.html).
- Develop trial protocols and related documents as part of the team of the KiTZ Translational Trial Group
- Support the development of electronic case report forms (eCRFs)
- Communicate with international clinical partners, investigators, ethic committees, competent authorities and pharma partners
- Support the international implementation of our INFORM2 studies
- Analyze clinical trial data for publications and presentations
- Work in a motivated and friendly interdisciplinary team
- Receive a personalized introductory program
- Medical doctor degree (German Approbation)
- Clinical working experience, preferentially in (pediatric) oncology
- Experience in clinical trials is helpful
- Optional German “Facharztbezeichnung” (or equivalent, i.e. board certified specialist)
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English and German
- Good MS Office skills
- Ability to work in a team, sense of responsibility and good time management
- Organizational talent and strong communication skills
- Structured and reliable work posture
Please submit your application in German or English language including CV and motivation letter via our online application portal.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
Application Deadline: 31.07.2021
Dr. Cornelis van Tilburg
Phone +49 (0)6221/56-36926
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.