Position: Scientific Project Manager in part-time (50%)
Department: Clinical Cooperation Unit Pediatric Oncology
Code number: 2021-0203
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The „Hopp Children's Cancer Center Heidelberg” (KiTZ) is a joint institution of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the Heidelberg University Hospital (UKHD) and the University of Heidelberg (UniHD) (https://www.kitz-heidelberg.de/en/). As a treatment and research center for oncological and hematological diseases in children and adolescents, the KiTZ is committed to scientifically explore the biology of childhood cancer and to closely link promising research approaches with patient care – from diagnosis to treatment and aftercare. The KiTZ Translational Pediatric Oncology program headed by Prof. Dr. Olaf Witt focusses on the translation of new research findings into clinical trials.
To support the translation of preclinical findings towards clinical application we are expanding our team working at the interface between preclinical research groups of the KiTZ, partners from the pharma industry and the KiTZ Clinical Trial Unit. We are searching for a dedicated scientific project manager with experience in coordinating translational research projects and a strong interest in clinical trial development at the forefront of the development of novel therapies for children with cancer.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate the administrative part of preclinical projects
- Be the point of contact between the stakeholders (companies providing the drug and the internal research groups)
- Support project plan development and data presentation
- Support project stakeholders in solving problems and managing administrative tasks
- Organize and coordinate internal meetings and meetings with stakeholders
- Document the outcomes of meetings in written form including controlling
- Organize and maintain project documentation in electronic files
- Regularly review project status, timelines and budgets with various departments (Controlling, Innovation Management, etc.)
- Master's degree in biological science or medicine
- Work experience as a scientific / technical project manager
- Excellent written and spoken English and German
- Advanced MS Office skills
- You work independently and on your own responsibility
- Very good time management, communication and organizational skills
- You are a team player
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
Application Deadline: 29.07.2021
Dr. Cecilia Zuliani
Phone +49 (0)6221/56-6913
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.