Position: Postdoctoral Researcher in Medicinal Chemistry / Chemical Biology
Department: Cancer Drug Development
Code number: 2021-0273
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
In the Cancer Drug Development group, we are interested in the synthesis and biological evaluation of novel chemical entities for use in oncological research and treatment. You will be scientifically responsible for one or more synthetic organic chemistry projects ranging from medicinal chemistry optimization of novel anti-cancer leads to natural product total synthesis. This will entail detailed reading of the literature, planning, execution, optimization and analysis of multi-step reaction sequences, presentation of results in group meetings and conferences, writing of grant proposals and publications as well as supervision of students and technicians.
- Highly motivated and creative individual with a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry
- Ability to work on mg or multi-gram scale
- Experience in retrosynthetic analysis, Schlenk technique and standard means of purification (chromatography, crystallization, distillation, HPLC)
- Experience analyzing NMR (1D and 2D) and MS spectroscopic data
- Applicants with additional experience in biochemistry and chemical biology (e.g. enzyme kinetics, cell culture, gels, blotting techniques) are also desired
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally and on the white-board
Your application should include a CV with publication list, two references, a brief research summary, and a copy of your diploma / master's grades.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: 04.10.2021
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 22.09.2021
Dr. Aubry Miller
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3307
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.