Position: AI Engineer Medical Image Computing
Department: Medical Image Computing
Code number: 2021-0290
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Medical Image Computing (MIC; https://www.dkfz.de/en/mic/index.php; https://twitter.com/mic_dkfz) pioneers research in machine learning and information processing, with the particular aim of improving cancer patient care by systematic image data analytics. Working in the highly dynamic and exciting area between AI, medical research, cloud technologies and state-of-the-art software development, we are seeking a motivated computer scientist or software engineer to join our team.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary and vibrant research team that is developing a diverse range of state-of-the-art methodologies and software components for the project “RACOON”, the Radiological Cooperative Network. Within RACOON, the MIC team provides components of the technical infrastructure, which we build together with partners from academia and industry to facilitate federated AI research in radiology across all university hospitals in Germany.
Working in this project, you have the opportunity to dive into medical image computing, federated machine learning mechanisms, cloud technologies and IT security topics.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Join the design and software development of our technology platform used for RACOON
- As a part of the developer team contribute your expertise in machine learning to a successful application of state-of-the-art methods to real world problems
- Contribute to open source software in the field of medical image computing (e.g. Kaapana, MITK)
- Research on relevant methods and technologies
- Publications and presentation of the project results
- Plan and coordinate tasks as well as support the project reporting
- Collaborate with researchers and physicians all over Germany
- Master’s degree in informatics or a related scientific discipline (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics or statistics)
- Strong analytical and software development skills are essential
- Reliability, attention to detail, communication skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary international team will be expected
Interested and qualified applicants should at least submit a cover letter with references and a curriculum vitae.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 25.09.2021
Prof. Dr. Klaus Maier-Hein
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2354
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.