Position: Technical Assistant (TA)
Department: T Cell Metabolism
Code number: 2021-0293
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The new Helmholtz Institute HI-TRON is a collaboration of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) with the Research Institute for Translational Oncology at the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (TRON gGmbH), the University Medical Center Mainz and the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. The goal of the partnership is to develop effective immunotherapies and to identify novel biomarkers for assessing the effectiveness of treatment.
The research goal of the Division of T Cell Metabolism – which is located at HI-TRON Mainz – is to develop new immunotherapies to treat cancer and other diseases. Our group uses tumor models (implantation models and GEMMs), infection models and autoimmune models combined with chemical analysis such as mass spectrometry analysis to identify new immune checkpoint molecules (Wu et al Immunity 2019; Wu et al Science Advances 2020; Xu et al Immunity 2021). The details of the research projects will be discussed during the interview.
As a technical assistant in the lab of Dr. Cui you will be part of an international research team.
- Performing experiments (e.g. injecting mice, smashing mouse tumor samples, flow cytometry analysis, PCR, western blots)
- Maintaining cell lines
- General lab work (e.g. ordering and picking up reagents, mice, office consumables)
- Occasionally assisting the group leader with the translation of animal testing applications (TVAs) and other documents into English / German
The ambitious candidate should fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful education as technical assistant (BTA, MTA), biological laboratory assistant (or similar education) with a minimum of two years work experience
- Exact and structured mode of working and quick comprehension
- Experienced handling of MS Office
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German
- Experiences in doing mouse experiments (such as i.p., s.c., i.v. injections, viral infections, EAE model, tumor implantation or tumor size measurements) preferred but not required
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2022
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 01.10.2021
Dr. Guoliang Cui
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1370
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.