Position: Master Thesis with the subject “Lipid analytics of pediatric tumors” (39h/week)
Department: Lipid Pathobiochemistry
Code number: 2021-0297
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
We offer a master thesis embedded into the cooperative project “Membrane Proteins and Lipids as Targets for Immunotherapy in Pediatric Patients”, which is funded in the context of HI-TRON (Helmholtz Institute for Translational Oncology Mainz, a Helmholtz-Institute of the German Cancer Research Center). A description of the project can be found at https://hi-tron.dkfz.de/ going to the section “Kick Start Seed Funding Programm” by clicking on the associated “READ MORE".
The thesis subject would include validation of an in lab-improved Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography-coupled Tandem Mass Spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS) method in parallel to Immune Overlay-High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography to quantify gangliosides as well as their application on pediatric tumor samples and primary tumor cell lines. Obtained results shall be summarized within a master thesis and part of scientific publications.
- A completed bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biological chemistry or biochemistry
- Matriculation at a university (course of study: chemistry, biology, biological chemistry, or biochemistry)
- Fluent English
- Strong interest in tumor biology and analytical methods
- Independent work
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 6 months.
Application Deadline: 01.10.2021
Dr. Roger Sandhoff
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1424
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.