Position: Officer for Strategic Support of Research Grant Applications
Department: Grants Office
Code number: 2021-0298
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Grants Office of the German Cancer Research Center is seeking to expand its team by appointing an officer for strategic advice and support of scientists applying for research grants.
- Provide information, guidance, and individual support for DKFZ scientists seeking suitable funding programs for their research (e.g. German, EU, and international funding programs)
- Assist scientists in preparing the strategic orientation and content of their third-party-funded grant applications
- Organize and carry out workshops and information events for various target groups on relevant topics related to third-party funding and grant applications
- Support of the DKFZ Management Board in strategic matters relating to funding programs (strategic position papers, applications, liaison with the Brussels Office of the Helmholtz Association and the DKFZ Office in Berlin)
- Provide text modules for grant applications, as needed by scientists
- Close collaboration with other team members of the Grants Office during proposal phase and project administration as well as with other relevant administrative departments
- Post-graduate university degree in a relevant discipline in natural sciences or humanities, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Several years of relevant experience in the acquisition and administration of third-party-funded research projects
- Proven experience and knowledge of German and international research funding programs (in particular EU)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively in a team
- Service-minded work ethos, capacity to work in an intercultural setting
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; experience with SAP desirable
- Very fluent spoken and written German and English essential
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2022
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 05.10.2021
Dr. Johannes Kapeller
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2716
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.