Position: Research Program Manager for the ”AI Health Innovation Cluster”
Department: AI Health Innovation Cluster
Code number: 2021-0335
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The newly established “AI Health Innovation Cluster” in the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region combines the excellence and expertise of several renowned research and health institutions to concentrate and excel the existing research potential in modern health sciences. The DKFZ, EMBL, Heidelberg University and the University Clinics Heidelberg and Mannheim as well as the Central Institute for Mental Health have joined forces to promote cutting-edge research for AI applications in medicine and health. The main aim of the program is to foster research at the forefront of AI-based research by systematically interlinking biomedical data with excellent AI-approaches for innovative application in the health sector.
To build up the “AI Health Innovation Cluster” we are looking for a scientific program manager to join our team as soon as possible. In this attractive and challenging position you would directly interact with the steering board and institutions in establishing and maintaining this highly innovative regional research network.
As part of this lively and dynamic network of excellent partners from versatile backgrounds, your specific responsibilities in the coordination of the cluster would be:
- to function as main coordinator of all interactions between the partner institutions and to be in charge of the conceptual design and implementation of measures
- the organisation of scientific meetings and events
- the reporting of scientific developments and progress at the interface between science, administration and funding agencies
- the conceptualization of the website and social media presence
- the day-to-day communication with program partners from academia, clinical and health science sector as well as from industry
- the management of prospective staff in the areas of administrative and technical coordination as well as communication and assistance
- the management of the talent recruitment within the cluster
- You have an integrative personality with great creative drive, assertiveness and excellent networking skills.
- You have a background, preferably a PhD, in data science, natural sciences, medicine or related fields.
- You have experience in the scientific management of interdisciplinary joined projects and in the conception, organization and implementation of scientific events.
- You have excellent English and German communication skills, both written and verbal, to facilitate effective interactions with other team members and to communicate with our diverse external collaborators and partners.
- You are highly self-motivated and able to work independently, prioritise tasks, deliver to deadlines and with a keen eye for detail.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 07.12.2021
Prof. Dr. Klaus Maier-Hein
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2354
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.