Position: Epidemiologist / Postdoc
Department: Cancer Epidemiology
Code number: 2021-0345
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Cancer Epidemiology is conducting studies in context of several large-scale population-based cohorts (EPIC, NAKO), patient cohorts (MARIE, breast cancer), and prospective screening trials (lung cancer: LUSI, 4-In-The-Lung-Run; prostate cancer: PROBASE). Studies currently focus on lifestyle, nutrition & metabolism and other risk factors for cancer development and survival, overall and cause-specific mortality risk and life expectancy; markers for early cancer detection (ovarian, endometrium, lung); and modelling of risk-stratified approaches for the optimization of cancer screening (lung, prostate).
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to join an international research team. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work in one or more of the above study areas, and will be responsible for own data analyses and writing of scientific publications. The successfull candidate will also contribute to the supervision of research assistants and PhD students and the preparation of grant applications.
- PhD degree in epidemiology, biostatistics or a related discipline
- Training in medicine or biological sciences
- Experience in planning, conduct and analysis of epidemiological studies
- Good statistical evaluation and programming skills with SAS and/or R
- Record of first author scientific publications and excellent writing skills (fluency in English)
- Enthusiasm for working in an international research team
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: 01.01.2022
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 11.12.2021
Prof. Dr. Rudolf Kaaks
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2219
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.