Position: Postdoctoral Fellow in Single Cell Omics
Department: Chromatin Networks
Code number: 2021-0350
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Chromatin Networks at the DKFZ conducts single cell sequencing analyses of different cancer types with clinical partners. The work involves experimental and theoretical methods for multi-omics readouts (RNA, accessible chromatin, targeted DNA sequencing, CITE-seq, BCR/TCR, spatially resolved transcriptomics). The aim is it to dissect the heterogeneity of primary tumor cells and their interactions with non-malignant cells in their microenvironment. From the analysis of longitudinal samples molecular mechanisms that rationalize treatment response are derived. We are seeking a post-doctoral fellow to conduct these experiments who will work together with a bioinformatician for the data analysis. We are looking for someone with strong skills in high-throughput sequencing-based experiments who enjoys working in an interdisciplinary team. Experience in the analysis of sequencing data is a plus. The fellow will have the possibility to further shape the single cell sequencing work of the division as we will continue to expand these activities.
For further information, please see: https://www.dkfz.de/en/chromatin-networks/
- PhD degree work in molecular/cellular biology
- Experience in experimental work with “omics” technologies
- Data analysis skills (R, Python)
- Research interests in gene regulation, epigenetics and cellular interactions
- Self-motivated and able to independently solve scientific/technical problems
- Capable to communicate findings and advance project in an interdisciplinary team
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: 01.01.2022
Duration: The position is limited until 30.06.2024.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 17.12.2021
Prof. Dr. Karsten Rippe
Phone +49 (0)6221 54 51450
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.