Position: Doctoral Researchers: 7 Fully Funded Positions in Data Science & Health
Department: German Cancer Research Center, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and University Heidelberg
Code number: 2021-0413
Do you want to bring artificial intelligence (AI) and data science to the forefront of health research? The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology is a top-ranked computer science university and Helmholtz research center. The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany with leading research in health data sciences. The Heidelberg University is the oldest university in Germany with a leading university clinic and excellent track record in scientific computing. These three top institutions joined to tackle this thrilling area by providing a unique doctoral program.
Apply if you can see the potential of techniques like deep learning in the health sector, and if you feel ready for shaping the future of our well-being. We offer projects in a collaborative research environment across discipline borders, focusing on topics in the following data science areas:
• Imaging & Diagnostics
• Surgery & Intervention 4.0
• Models for Personalized Medicine
We are looking for excellent graduates holding a master's degree, received by July 2022 at the latest, in computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics or related quantitative sciences (e.g. bioinformatics or medical informatics).
For a description of the application procedure and to fill in the essential HIDSS4Health application forms please visit https://www.hidss4health.de/#apply prior to submitting your application.
- Cutting-edge research and working with top-experts in data science, AI, health and medicine
- Inspiring work environment in an interdisciplinary setting
- Integrated structured training curriculum of scientific and professional skills taught in English
- Financial support for attending conferences and research collaborations, including a funded 4 months visit at a leading international or national research institution or university
- A contract for a fully-funded position with competitive salary according to the applicable regulations of the participating institutions (e.g. German E13 TVöD or TV-L) at one of the three HIDSS4Health research institutions
Possible Start Date: Successful candidates will start their scientific work between May and September 2022.
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years with the possibility of prolongation.
Application Deadline: February 6th 2022
Prof. Dr. Klaus Maier-Hein
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2354
We ask for your understanding that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
To apply for a position please visit https://www.hidss4health.de/#apply to fill in the required application documents which need to be uploaded with your application.