NFDI4Immuno is a DKFZ-led consortium of 15 German research institutions and universities and is part of the National Research Data Infrastructure (Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastruktur, NFDI). Guided by the FAIR principles and in collaboration with our scientific community, we have made it our goal to advance research data management (RDM) in the domain of immunology to a new level by developing, operating and supporting technical and organizational solutions. As a member of a highly motivated team, you will work at the center of these efforts and will have the opportunity to shape this transformative endeavor.
The successful candidate will...
- Curate and manage immunological datasets held in public and private repositories at DKFZ
- Assist and instruct other scientists with regard to FAIR-compliant collection, curation, storage and publication of experimental data
- Contribute to community-led standardization and harmonization efforts for immunological data
- Interact with the development team to improve the functionality of the repository software stack
- Create training materials for self-learning, remote and in-classroom teaching formats
- Conduct courses and trainings for the community
- Master´s degree and PhD in immunology or a related subject
- At least basic experience in some of the following topics and a strong desire to become proficient in all of them: research data management, metadata standards, ontologies, data representation, relational databases, data infrastructures
- Capability to work independently, high level of commitment, team spirit and creativity
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English; German language skills would be desirable
- Experience with community-led standardization processes is a plus
The position can in principle be part-time.
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2024
Contact: Busse, Christian