Position: Postdoctoral Fellow or (Senior) Scientist - Cellular Therapies & Immunity of Cancer Stem Cells
Department: DKTK partner site Tübingen - Department of Internal Medicine II (Hematology, Oncology, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology) at the University Hospital Tübingen
Code number: 2023-0417
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
At the DKTK partner site Tübingen we are seeking a postdoctoral fellow or (senior) scientist for the Department of Internal Medicine II (Hematology, Oncology, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology) at the University Hospital Tübingen. The candidate will join our team of scientists, clinician-scientists, study nurses and technicians in our Cell Therapy Unit, which is shared with the Department of Pediatrics (https://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/de/das-klinikum/einrichtungen/kliniken/medizinische-klinik/innere-medizin-ii/bereich-stammzelltransplantation/stammzellherstellung?search=stammzelllabor).
The position is part of the DKTK-funded project „NOVICARAZA”. The successful candidate will participate in basic and translational research and perform projects in the areas of cellular therapies (specifically in the preclinical development in-house GMP production and clinical translation of CAR-NK cell therapies), leukemic stemness and immune evasion in cancer.
- A PhD, MD or master's degree in natural sciences is required.
- Knowledge and experience in molecular and cell biology are mandatory. Knowledge and/or prior experience in immunology, cell therapy and/or gene engineering, GMP and/or clinical trials are a plus.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and proactive person who is passionate about science, translational medicine, technology and communication and enjoys working in a team.
Exceptional candidates interested in other areas in oncology, onco-immunology and clinical immunology are also welcome to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application with the following documents:
- Cover letter with statement of interest
- Diplomas and course transcripts
- Contact details of three referees
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunity for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan for the public service and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, including parent-child room, counseling services, e.g. on Elder Care
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Develop your full potential: access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program and DKFZ Career Service with targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest possible start date: 01.01.2024
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 12.12.2023
Dr. Saskia Rudat
Phone +49 (0)7071/29-80676
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.