Position: Lab Manager / Technical Assistant for a Biomedical Imaging Lab
Department: NCT Dresden - Department of Functional Imaging in Surgical Oncology
Code number: 2024-0049
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) is a long-term cooperation between the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), excellent partners in university medicine and other research institutions at six locations in Germany. The goal of the NCT is to bring promising results from cancer research into clinical application quickly and safely. This approach is intended to provide cancer patients with nationwide access to innovative treatment options.
One of the six NCT sites is the NCT Dresden (NCT/UCC), which is a collaboration between the DKFZ, the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden (UCC), the Carl Gustav Carus Medical Faculty of the TU Dresden and the Helmholtz Center Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR).
For the Biomedical Optical Imaging Laboratory of the Department for Functional Imaging in Surgical Oncology at the NCT site in Dresden, we are looking for a highly qualified and driven lab manager to support and administer the day-to-day operations of our research group.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the overall lab operations, including maintaining lab equipment, managing lab supplies, and ensuring compliance with safety protocols
- Implementing and optimizing laboratory protocols to ensure reproducible and high-quality outcomes
- Training and supervising lab members on proper equipment usage, safety protocols, and experimental procedures
- Troubleshooting any issues and maintaining the inventory of lab supplies, reagents, and consumables
- Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs) and documentation for lab protocols and equipment
We are looking for candidates with a completed apprenticeship as a technical assistant / biology lab technician with strong knowledge in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) disciplines, coupled with a proficient level of computer literacy. Ideally, candidates will have previous experience in managing a laboratory or facility, or in the application of biomedical imaging techniques. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills are essential, demonstrating the ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing deadlines. Proficiency in verbal and written communication in both German and English is a prerequisite.
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunities for international networking at the highest level
- Compensation according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Possibility of part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, e.g. parent-child room and advisory services
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Unleash your full potential: targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
Application Deadline: 16.03.2024
Phone +49 (0)351/458-5587
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.