Data Manager for Clinical and Research Data
Bridging from the cellular to the organ scale, the Division “Systems Biology of Signal Transduction” aims at unraveling molecular mechanisms that regulate cell communication and cell decisions. A failure of these control mechanisms contributes to tumor development. Clinical mass spectrometry is combined with mechanism-based mathematical modeling to enable early detection and personalized treatment of cancer. For these developments the transition from chronic liver, lung and kidney diseases towards cancer are studied at multiple levels. The large data sets are exploited to develop digital strategies into real-world applications personalized for the individual patient with the goal to prevent tumor progression and improve quality of life.
To support our dynamic interdisciplinary team in a BMBF-funded project, we are looking for a data manager to start as soon as possible.
- Data management for clinical data, research data and patient sample registration within an instance of openBIS
- Development of solutions for the automatic exchange of patient data (APIs), data integration and organization in compliance with data protection laws
- Writing scripts that filter out relevant information from different data sets and convert it into a uniform format
- Quality assurance and visualization of clinical and research data
- Qualification as an IT specialist in data and process analysis or in application development or as a medical documentalist or a comparable qualification
- Experience in developing web-based applications using common software technologies and data structures in languages such as Python, R or Julia
- Experience with large datasets and biomedical data
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and in a team
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Contact: Schilling, Marcel